Search This Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2011

A note on butt plugs....

Just finished reading Playing the Field by Sophie Oak and Chloe Lang.  I don't think I can review it.  I'm not a prude.  I mean my blog's title is a tribute to my vibrator and alcohol.  But.  Oh.  My.  God.  That was waaaaaaaaaay out of my league!

So I don't feel like I can review it as a romance because I think of a romance as something a little more traditional... one on one.  This was something..... different.  1, 2, 3 and sometimes 5 men at a time and not the one on one happy ending that one would expect of even erotic romance.

There were butt plugs and anal sex and spanking and submission and group sex and leg spreaders... holy crap.  I learned a little about BDSM and female submission and all sorts of alternative lifestyles.  I also learned that I have a hard time keeping up with who belongs to what body part in group sex scenes.

So again, I don't feel like I can really judge it on the same rules as I do what I normally read so I'll just give my basics:


  • Written in third person with multiple POV, seriously, many multiple POV and angles and... um... orifices.
  • Attractive, successful woman (who has body issues that you don't really get into until the middle of the book) and multiple alpha males/professional athletes.
  • While I may be saying it's not even an erotic romance... technically it is:  story line focuses on a love story (just not a "normal" one), characters meet early on and there is a happy ending.  Several happy endings.
  • Not for the faint of heart.
  • Not to be read at work unless you want your employees to ask you if you brought a fresh pair of panties.  True story.
For what it was I would give it two thumbs up but I think that would be inappropriate but I think I'm too embarrassed to say what's actually pointing upwards, but apparently there are 5 of them.

4 comments:

  1. What can I say, Bee? I like happy endings - multiple happy endings. I will admit that this is a bit out of my norm. I really do usually write romance. This was just a fun diversion. And I thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blogs and accretion attracts me to come back once more on your site. Euroenergy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete