Search This Blog

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Why can't I find the contemporary romance I'm looking for?

You know, you wouldn't think that finding the right contemporary romance would be rocket science.  Somehow, though, I seem to be able to understand Einstein's Theory of Relativity more easily than I can comprehend the difference in single title romance, series romance, romantic fiction, fiction with strong romantic elements....  I just want a book that makes me happy and if we are being honest, feel the need to break out a fresh pack of batteries!
I can stand in a book store and spend 45 minutes combing through the books in the romance section, reading the first paragraph of the first few chapters to make sure the book is from the man and woman's point of view (those are my favorites), that the guy isn't a wimp, that the girl isn't a wimp, that we are not dealing with pirates and that the word "throb" has been kept to a minimum only to get home and realize that this is the third book in a series and I don't know the background story.
I want to be able to say:  I like a book written in the third person with at least two points of view, there needs to be at least one sex scene, I don't like pirates, I'm not in the mood for vampires and what the hell, throw in an FBI agent, and a list of books will appear.
But I can't find that.  So I'm going to at least put in my two cents about the books I read.  Hopefully someone will find it useful or entertaining or maybe even both!  Maybe someone will introduce me to my next favorite author!  Either way, I look forward to what's to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment